7262. Inkisi water supply - Democratic Republic of Congo - ORIO12CG05
The Ministry of Hydraulic Resources and Electricity of Congo has submitted a project for development and financing under the ORIO facility. The project is defined as the rehabilitation and expansion of the Inkisi water supply system, the operation and maintenance of the system and the subsequent supply of clean water to some 262,000 people by 2027. The NCEA has reviewed the quality of the ESIA for this project, at the request of the ORIO project advisors.
Rapports consultatifs et autres documents
|21 mars 2019: Advisory review
|Advisory Review of ESIA for Inkisi Water Supply and Sanitation Project - DRC
On 21 March, the NCEA finalised its review of the ESIA for the 'Water Supply and Sanitation' project in Inkisi. Main conclusions are:
- The sanitation component has not been adequately described, which means that not all risks have been adequatly included in the ESIA.
- The water treatment component has also not sufficiently been described. It is unclear whether the local water authority (REGIDESO) has the (financial) capacity to deal with this.
- The RAP is not well done, leaving doubt about whether compensation levels for resettlement are adequate.
- Consultations are not well described and outdated, even though the project could profit from the input of the local population.
- The ESMP lacks several elements, most importantly an analysis of the capacity of REGIDESO and how these capacities will be reinforced.
Membres du groupe de travail
|Karima Broche Derradji, MSc
|Niels Lenderink, MSc
Le président: Tanya van Gool
Secrétaire technique: Stephen Teeuwen, MSc
Plus de détails
Pays: Democratic Republic of Congo
Mise à jour: 27 janv 2021