356-i. Advice on ToR: EIA for Lake Albert drilling project
The NCEA issued an advice on the Terms of Reference (ToR) prepared for an exploratory oil/gas drilling project in Lake Albert.
Advisory reports and other documents
Uganda's National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA) requested the advice of the NCEA on ToR for an SEA. The SEA concerns an exploratory oil drilling programme in Lake Albert. The NCEA drafted an advice of the secretariat, with assistance from an expert in oil drilling impact analysis.
Main recommendations in the NCEA's advice include:
- Clarify the decision framework for the SEA;
- Reconsider if SEA is the most suitable approach;
- Clarify the scope of the assessment;
- Supplement the ToR with a description of environmental and social conditions in the affected area;
- Clarify the consultation process.
The advice elaborates on these issues and on the contents and process of environmental assessment for this project.
Technical secretary: mr R.A.M. Post
|Completed:||09 Mar 2009|
Last modified: 10 Jul 2018