7226. Improving the Access to Healthcare for Mother and Child in Burkina Faso (ORIO)
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) requested the NCEA to conduct a quality review of Terms of Reference for an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and related documents for the project proposal submitted by the Ministry of Health of Burkina Faso.
Advisory reports and other documents
|16 May 2017: Memorandum|
|7226 Quick Scan Amelioration aux Soins Medicaux pour Mere et Enfant a BF|
The aim of this project was to reduce maternal, neonatal and child mortality and morbidity in five pre-selected health districts in Burkina Faso. More specific, the proposed project entails improving the access and the quality of healthcare for mothers and children (and others) and improve the use this healtcare by:
- fysically upgrading 'Health and Social Promotion Centers' (CSPS) into 'Medical Centers with Chirurchical Antenna' (CMA) in five healt districts in Burkina Faso
- building capacity of healthcare staff for these centers
- creating awareness amongst the public on the prevention of obstetric complications and the importance to seek antenatal care and professional assistance during childbirth.
At the request of RVO, the NCEA reviewed the ToR. Specifically, the NCEA undertook:
- A ‘quick scan’ done by the NCEA secretariat, leading to some main observations/pointers as to the adequacy of the TdR for the ESIA for the project.
- Indicate which IFC Performance Criteria are triggered by the project.
Members of the working group
Technical secretary: Sibout Govert Nooteboom
Country: Burkina Faso
Last modified: 19 Mar 2019