112-i. Advice on ToR and Reviews: EIA/ESIA for Oil and Gas Pipelines - Georgia
The NCEA advised in various stages of environmental assessment for oil and gas pipelines development in Georgia.
Advisory reports and other documents
|08 Jun 2001: Terms of reference|
|22 Nov 2002: Advisory review|
|15 Oct 2003: Advisory review|
|23 Dec 2004: Advisory review|
In the context of oil and gas developments in Georgia, two developments were being planned:
- The Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan Main Export Oil Pipeline;
- The South Caucasus Gas Pipeline.
The NCEA was asked to advise in several stages of the environmental assessment for these projects. Between 2000 and 2004, the NCEA issued the following documents (accessible above):
- Advisory guidelines (Terms of Reference) for the EIA of the BTC project;
- Advisory review of the draft ESIA report for both projects;
- Advisory review of the final ESIA report for both projects;
- Advisory review on monitoring of environmental compliance for both projects.
Members of the working group
Chair: Dick de Zeeuw
Technical secretary: Arend Kolhoff
Proponent and Component Authority
|British Petroleum - BP|
|Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia|
Last modified: 15 Apr 2019