Updated to: 27 August 2019Download as PDF
Informing decision making
History of SEA
Decree 20-2017 - the System of Environmental Assessment for permits and authorizations for the sustainable use of natural resources - introduces SEA but the procedural steps and requirements are not further operationalised.
article 6 and 13,
Decree 20-2017 - the System of Environmental Assessment for permits and authorizations for the sustainable use of natural resources.
Scope of application
Article 13 stipulates that SEA is required for amongst others:
- National and sectoral development plans and programmes
- National plans or programmes for land use planning
- Plans of development of the Executive Power
- Regional Plans and Programmes
- Territorial Planning and Urban Development Plans.
Central SEA authority
MARENA -Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources
Carretera Norte Km 12 1/2, Frente a Corporación Zona Franca. Managua-Nicaragua
2233 1112 • 2263 1994 • 2233 1916