Support from the DSU
What support can the DSU provide to embassies?
Support is on demand and aimed at water and food security programmes in Dutch partner countries. It may include support in:
- identifying the environment, climate and gender opportunities and risks relevant for embassy programmes;
- getting quick access to environment, climate ande gender expertise, in cooperation with institutions such as the World Resource Institute and the Climate and Development Knowledge Network;
- monitoring and communicating the results of climate, environment and gender mainstreaming;
- adding climate, environmental and gender expertise in missions and evaluations. For this, the DSU will cooperate with the Netherlands Water Partnership and the Centre for Development Innovation of Wageningen University;
- the development of new Multi-annual Strategic Plans and result chains, based on the lessons learned in supporting the implementation of the existing strategic plans.
What support can the DSU provide to departments?
Support may stretch from demand driven and focus on environment, climate and gender, to a more proactive role, with a broader focus on sustainable development and aiming to inspire and provoke discussion. Some examples of possible activities:
- provision of quick access to climate, environment and gender information in specific countries or regions, for example as part of the knowledge platforms Water and Food Security;
- environment, climate or sustainability analyses of programmes;
- provision of lectures, workshops or training on how to make sustainable development operational in Dutch development cooperation;
- climate, environment and gender screening of proposals under the Sustainable Water Fund and the PPP Facility for Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food Security